Tuesday, December 15, 2009

randoms

hi there :-)

We're out of school this week. Yay. I got almost nothing done yesterday and I loved every minute of it. I do have a few things to do this week, but boy did I need the free hours. I read some of your blogs this morning. Haven't done that in a while. I've been regular on Facebook because it has the appearance of taking less time that actual blog reading and posting, but that's an illusion. It could be quicker, but it's not because of all the built in distractions. The thing is, I connect with so many more people there than here, it's hard not to lean in that direction. But I feel like I'm betraying my blog buddies who held me up for so very long. :-(

I'm looking forward to crafts and gift making with my daughter this week. The only hitch will be the violin recital Thursday night. She hasn't been in one in a couple of years due to teacher changes, etc, and she's really stressing about it. If you think about it, please offer a quick prayer for Ruby's nerves. Her first-and-only-child temperament weighs heavily at these times.

My mom is having shoulder surgery this morning, possibly as I type. She fell last week and broke it and dislocated it at the same time. She's in a lot of pain and I'm worried about her. She is 80; these things take their toll. Could very much use prayers for her.

I'm not stressing over the holidays as much as I was. It always gets better once I dive in and remember it's not usually as bad as I expect.

Keith and I worked really hard on a special song to do in church last Sunday morning, and nobody but the pastor said a word to us about it. I tell myself my music is never about the thanks or the compliments, but things like this inevitably hurt my feelings; so I'm obviously not being honest about my motives.

Keith has a thing going on with his right eye. It stayed red and irritated for over a month so he finally went to the Dr. and found that he had a staph infection. He used the antibiotic drops and it improved quickly. Then it started to bother him again. He said it felt like it was scratched. He finally (read: after I nagged him yet again until he could no longer stand the sound of my voice) went back yesterday and the Dr. said the whole cornea is all scratched up from little bumps under his eyelid- which could have been there before or could have been caused by the antibiotic drops. Eye problems are scary. I hope the new treatment takes care of this.



We got a puppy on Halloween. His name is Mickey and he's adorable.
He's a poodle mix. We suspect the other half is beagle. He's smart and mischievous and funny, and has slightly webbed toes. We needed some clear cut joy around here even though we didn't need another expense. Some things are worth a thousand times what they cost in dollars. Mickey was a rescue. He was about 5 mo when the shelter got him, and not at all housebroken. Turns out 5 months of no training is hard to un-train, but we're getting there and we love him so much. I wish you could meet him. You'd like me
better if you met my dog.

If you can't tell from the photos, he's teething, but he's great about sticking to his chew toys when we remind him. My daughter wants to save his baby teeth so we have a little baggies with the bloody baby teeth we've found in it. :-/ I drew the line at putting them under his bed for the doggy tooth fairy.

And my husband just informed me that our daughter has set up a yard sale on her bed. ?! You never know what will happen on school holidays!

5 comments:

Andy said...

Glad to see you come up for air and share a bit, Cindy. I totally understand the ease to hang around Facebook - something I've done as well.

Hang in there - beautiful dog in those pics! And by the way, when (and it's a "when", not an "if") I meet you and your family one day, I'm sure I'd like you. :-)

Cindy said...

thanks, Andy. I'll bring the dog just in case. :-)

Jamie Arpin-Ricci said...

Great to read the update! Merry Christmas!

Erin said...

Glad to hear you guys love the puppy! It seems like you're enjoying the holidays a little more.

Hope recovery goes well for your mom.

Anonymous said...

Your public, actually the whole interweb, misses you.